Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Water Notice Blues

Got a letter in the mail just the other day,
It detailed corruption in our water lines.
Pathogens had invaded.
Foreign bacteria.
They were coliform.

Well we didn’t read the whole damn thing,
Just lit up a bowl and put a pot on the stove.
Filled it with water.
Ready to boil.
Gotta get clean.

Then we read the rest, and wouldn’t you know,
They tested it again and nothing was wrong.
Got the water in a wine bottle.
Four liters.
Carlo Rossi.

It sits in a fridge that is inches from bare,
Cold above the compartment made for many uses.
Poor people keep lettuce.
Rich people keep lobster.
We have red apples.
I don’t eat ‘em.

Yeah, I’ll drink a bit of beer, but not too much.
My friends tell me that I need a different crutch.
Time released pills.
Plant matter.
A pretty girl.
Maybe batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment