Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fragments

Because I have
recently
decided
to make no compromises,
I know
that it will
be
easier
to be alone.

___

it is interesting
how you always keep an eye
on the exits

___

there was a woman mixing
water with her wine
and her eulogy was broken
by jets overhead

___

once in New York
she had gone
to find the citadel of the girls
of Chelsea
and then she landed with impossible grace
onto a cheap carpeted floor

___

oh but baby I've got rum in me now
and it isn't at all worse
on account of how the slave trade
financed that perfect taste

___

I will have to learn the goddamn lute
or something,
and wouldn't that be picturesque?

___

you know that Aeneas was praised in Rome,
that no one has found his ancient home
where Troy wept children from the walls
and later found wolf-kings in the loam

No comments:

Post a Comment