Thursday, June 24, 2010

Gold coins

I yelled at the door,
“You don’t have to knock, man.”
I knew who was there
because I heard
or felt
her footsteps on the stairs,
and had looked
from the window.

She was wearing a sundress
and I’d never seen her
in one.
She kicked the breath
right out of me
and I sat on the floor
with this katana in
my hands
(it is not kept sharp)
and I had no words.

There was a useless percussion of-
Artemis bewitching chaos dancing evil.
Fantastic goring horror in jailed
keratinized loathing. Missing no
overtures, preying quickly regarding
salvation. This un-ambitious
bullshit had to end sometime.

There are mysteries among the laughter.
Look at her
half-human in the sea.
See her
mocking slight of hand.
See what she makes
of the world.

Torn fabric and
leather shoes,
trembling delirium in mornings;
she does not like the day
because people see her better.
It is not that she is not exquisite,
she just prefers
to choose the gifts
that people are given.

No comments:

Post a Comment