Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Autobiography no. 6

She was over forty-five but still was sporting
the white-trash red hair dye that you find on teenagers or strippers.
I won’t say that I hated her for that, but it didn’t help matters.

I was throwing pizza dough at this restaurant in Little Rock that failed after six months
and she was always trying to break my balls
and she was as dumb as anyone I ever met only she was louder.

Day after day she kept bothering me and eventually I snapped at her
and she pursed her lips together and said,
“Well, it sounds like somebody needs to get laid.”

I laughed and stood up as tall as I was and squared my shoulders.
I looked down at her and grinned out of the left side of my mouth and said
“Where do you think your daughter was Thursday?”

No comments:

Post a Comment